Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Snow Day!

We’re not having one, but I sure wish we were. To me nothing says winter like snow. The funny thing is I don’t understand why! I grew up in South Carolina, not exactly snow central, but for some reason I equate winter and Christmas with fond memories of snow. All I can figure is that the times we visited my Grandma in Maryland it made an impression on me. Nothing quite like a winter wonderland.

Over the month of January I’m going to pretend it’s snowing everyday and feature various snow and winter themed stuff. We’ll cut paper snow flakes, make hot cocoa from scratch, try some warm yummy recipes, and I’ll show you the cozy blanket I’m knitting. (Hint, it’s the Garter Squish pattern on Ravelry.) Maybe I’ll attempt some of the more peculiar holidays this month, such as National Popcorn day on the 19th, Squirrel Appreciation Day on the 21st, or National Kazoo Day on the 28th. January is also home to backwards day, and opposites day!

Hopefully we’ll also get some REAL snow! Do you love or loathe the snow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...