Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine’s Day Wreath

One day I was killing time at the craft store and discovered Deco Mesh rolls were on sale. I had intended to get stuff the next week (payday) to make a spring wreath, and maybe a Valentine’s Day one. Since deco mesh was half price I sucked it up and went ahead and got my supplies. I know deco mesh is a big thing in the design world right now, and I felt confident buying two colors for two different projects. Well, I can say now after this wreath that I don’t like deco mesh! I’m not a fan. Love the finished look, but hate working with it and getting just the look I like. It took me 5 times to get the right amount of puffiness. It may get easier each time, so we’ll see if I still hate it after I do my spring wreath. Which I’ll be tackling in the next few days.

P2105841

And here it is! It’s pretty simple really. Pink deco mesh with sparkly bits in the weaving, and then I tucked in heart picks I found at Dollar Tree. Just by tucking the picks into the mesh, the mesh sucks around the stick and holds them pretty well. Then I cut off any pick ends that show. Total cost less than $7, including the pipe cleaners I used for the framing.  I used a coat hanger for the frame, but I might buy a frame for the next one, see if it helps me like deco mesh.

 

Have you used deco mesh before? If you have any tips I’d love to hear them in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...