Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

I don’t have a fire, but I do have this cozy new knit blanket! (Only the second blanket I’ve successfully finished in my life.)

P1285771
It’s the Garter Squish on ravelry,  only I cast on way more than called for, by about oh 40 or so. On size 15 needles, 40 stitches is a lot.  I was just going to make a bigger blanket, but when I saw exactly how much yarn it was eating up I decided my stripes would just go lengthwise. I finished it about a week ago, and it has been snuggled by someone almost constantly since. It’s green, yellow, pale purple, orange, light blue, and darkish blue, all held double with a running strand of white. I could picture making another. It was a nice mostly mindless (I kept nearly messing up the i-cord edge, because I usually slide my first stitch) that was nice to take while I waited outside of appointments and such.
It may be the perfect cozy winter blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...